What is LANAP®?
Only a small percentage of Americans diagnosed with gum disease actually pursue treatment. Gum disease may be linked to health problems such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and premature delivery. Until recently, patients with periodontal disease had to undergo painful gum surgery that involved incisions and sutures. Many periodontists, including Dr. Vance, now offer LANAP®, a minimally invasive procedure that kills bacteria within the gums and leaves healthy tissue unharmed. Patients undergoing this procedure enjoy a number of benefits, including reduced discomfort, minimal bleeding, and predictable results. LANAP® is an FDA cleared treatment for periodontal disease and now provides patients around the country with a high standard of care. Not only does it eradicate infection in the gums, but it also promotes bone and tissue regeneration essential for your oral health!
Periodontal Disease and Your Health
Periodontal disease has been linked to a number of health problems including low birth weight babies, diabetes, and heart disease. Until recently, most patients diagnosed with periodontal disease had to undergo traditional gum surgery which can be very painful. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is an alternative to traditional gum surgery provided by Dr. Jody Vance and delivers predictable results. This advanced procedure can help to restore your oral health after gum disease.
Benefits of LANAP®
Some of the key benefits of LANAP® for periodontal disease include:
- Minimally invasive procedure – It allows for very fast healing and recovery times.
- Minimal discomfort – Patients experience little or no discomfort because there is no cutting of the gum tissue.
- Less downtime – Patients can return to their regular activities right after treatment.
The Other Benefits of LANAP®
- Minimal gum recession – Most patients experience little to no gum recession resulting from this procedure.
- Reduced inflammation and bleeding – The laser used in this procedure can remove up to 90 percent of inflammation in a single visit and there is little to no bleeding.
- Saves teeth – Laser gum surgery is very effective for preserving natural teeth.
- Bone regeneration – LANAP® is the only gum disease protocol that can regenerate bone around the teeth.
- Zero contraindications – This procedure does not interfere with any medication or disease.